.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Sunday 23 December 2012

Quote Advent Calendar: Day 23

Yesterday: "Das Rollercoaster war wunderbar, weil es sehr quick."
Today: "Will I get marked down for that?"
- M.E.

[Translation (well, vaguely): "The rollercoaster was wonderful, because it was very quick."]

Story behind quote:
In the German exam, one guy wrote, 'sehr quick' because he forgot what the German word for 'quick' was. Ok, if you're doing a language exam and you don't know how to say something, just scrap the sentence and say something that you do know.
When everyone first heard about this, we all burst out into uncontrollable fits of laughter. Meanwhile, the guy asked if he would get marked down for it. That didn't help with the laughing.
The best part was that he was genuinely not finding it very funny. In fact, he was vaguely angry about the whole thing and decided to ask, "Ok, I know it was a stupid thing to write, but what is so funny about all this?!" Everyone else carried on laughing, it pretty much made everyone's week ;p

[As featured in Weekly News Round-Up 09/12/2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment