.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Sunday 20 October 2013

Weekly News Round-Up #37: 13/10/2013

Now, I must start this post with a massive apology to all you loyal readers. I offer y'all my most sincerst apologies for this incredibly late update. My reason is that Team Business temporarily took over my life. Very sorry about that, and I will make sure that it won't happen again.

With that outta the way, what happened last week?

Monday lunchtime was an eventful one as a few of us decided it would be a fun idea to steal Wadz's possessions (when I say steal, we just hid it under the table for a while). Naturally, this lead to a few people getting a slap...

This week may also be considered eventful in the sense that it was interhouse! (I'll have y'all know that my astro-surfing days are over.) There were even more options than usual: badminton, hockey, or logic-related puzzles (crosswords and sudoku's). As expected, we went for the logic-related puzzles. As we like our strategies, it was decided that ArwaChihuahua and Master would solve the sudoku, whilst the rest of the team tackled the crossword.
In the end, we completed at least one crossword and two sudoku's (even though, in the first one, there were two 5's in one section. The second one ended in us putting it down to luck. It reached the point where you just think #yolo.) Overall, I think it was a nice end to Wednesday :)

A project that's been in the pipelines for a few weeks re-surfaced in conversation on Thursday. There has been talk of us forming a new band called 'Banned' (you like the play on words? We're still unsure about whether the 'e' should be in there or not...), which will essentially be a freestyle percussion group (if you remember that little tribal moment the other week, you'll know what sort of music we're talking about). We'll keep you updated on more 'Banned' news...

On that same afternoon, all members of our year had to listen to a presentation (which was slightly pointless, since we'd heard it all before the previous year). It just happened that we were one of the last to get in the hall, therefore we ended up with front row seats, consequently giving everyone the impression that we were extraordinarily enthusiastic. It was an inspirational talk, however Wicks got a little distracted by the wallpaper in the room (a certain part of the pattern looked like a dog). Afterwards, the only one of us to sign up for spam mail was the Cap. (Wicks had learnt from previous experience that this organisation are most keen on marketing, whether it be by email, phone, fax... (I was joking about fax).)

Friday lunchtime saw ANT buy herself some chips. They happened to be very plain, therefore she went back to get salt and ketchup. In the time that she was away, Ruby and Master took this opportunity to dare eachother to steal a chip and see if ANT noticed the difference. In the end, Master took a chip, however Ruby was unable to as ANT had made a speedy return. She didn't notice any difference.
Master would like to publicly apologise to ANT for taking a chip without permission.
Of course, if this scenario rings a bell in your head, it did in ours as well. Master leapt at the opportunity to remind everyone of the salt sachet incident ;p

ANT also decided to voice her opinions on the incredibly famous movie 'Titanic'. She said something like, "I don't really find it sad. If anything, I find it quite funny, like the part where she says 'she'll never let go' but she does in the end..." Now, that is just so typically ANT. Enough said.

So, it was Cap.'s birthday this week! Woooo! To conclude, Cap. invited us all to go bowling (who doesn't love a bitta bowling?) I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we had a great time :)

To end a great Saturday, ArwaChihuahua, Wicks and Master stopped off at 'The Codfather' on the way back home. Let me tell you now, if your in the market for some fish and chips, and you like your chips wrapped, 'The Codfather' is the place to be! #puntastic

Until next week, have a good one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment