.: Greetings, fellow Gerbils! :.

Greetings, fellow gerbils!
Hey there, it's Gerry here! As you may have gathered, I am a gerbil and this is a blog about my life on this planet. I appear to humans through a machine called the GerbilMaestro, which is an exact copy of my master. I control this machine and most of the time pretend to be my master in front of other humans.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks a gerbillion!

Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 December 2013

What's App-ening Wednesday? #8: Candy Crush

Hello and welcome to a very special edition of What's App-ening Wednesday! Hope you're all having a fantastic holiday :)

Today, we have not one, but two reviewers, who will be providing their opinions on the incredibly popular game, Candy Crush.

http://www.royalgames.com/games/puzzle-games/candy-crush/

DisneyLoverMolly:

So, Candy Crush. Do yourself a favour and close this right now unless you want your life to be dominated by a frustrating and highly addictive game. Otherwise, continue at your own risk.

What can I say...it's fantastic. Not particularly original, and in the beginning seemingly simple. All you have to do is match a group of three of the same candies to meet the target. And then once you're hooked, just when you think you're actually pretty good at this game, they throw in all kinds of quite frankly evil obstacles. Never in my life have I hated chocolate so much. That's when your life starts to crumble...it's 3am and you're hunched over your iPod with scratchy eyes, getting more and more agitated and desperateto burst all the jellies or get those taunting hazelnuts to the bottom.

So, if you feel the need for a new addiction or a game that will knock ten years off your life, then by all means download Candy Crush. Don't say I didn't warn you.

ANT:

I'm going to make this quick because, quite frankly, I have neither the time nor the enthusiasm to be writing for the blog when Candy Crush is calling.

If you're thinking of downloading the app, don't. Sure, it's all fun and games at first...just a quick game of Candy Crush, 5 minutes tops, right? No. Take it from someone who spends their days visualising multiple Candy Crush combinations in their mind, watching the timer in distress when there are no lives left...Candy Crush is not quick, it's is not simple and it is most certainly not fun.

I suffer from what I like to call 'Candy Syndrome'. You may think I'm making this up for comedic effect but you're wrong, it is in fact a scientifically proven medical condition. It causes its victims'eyes to literally turn into the cookie candy. Nothing matters but the overwhelming rush of emotion after crushing that last candy to complete a level. Nothing. The disease is slowly taking over the population, one by one. Soon it will control every single living being, causing infinite spirals of despair to occur across the globe. We will be hooked for eternity.

We're talking about a game that even ConscienceSarah fails to ignore. I saw her just the other day, showing a small interest in DisneyLoverMolly's level in the study room. Her eyes began to morph into cookie candies right before me...soon she will join us. In 5 years time, I daresay, she'll be rocking in the corner of her room with the lights out, clutching her list of failed exams, wondering where it all went wrong.

Nothing is achieved from playing this game other than addiction, failure and disappointment.
Let this be a warning to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment